Here’s a list of books that I came across while doing some searching:
- Analysis Patterns: A great book about designing large applications
- Domain Driven Design: Another great book about application design
- Pragmatic Programmer: The best way to not do stupid development
- SICP (free download): Learn about the structure of programming
- Refactoring: I didnt learn anything new in this book but wrote code completely differently when I was done.
- Everything Jay Fields has written on testing: I disagree with almost everything he says but its made me a much better programmer. He tended to write from the position of a great developer on a struggling team.
I also recommend reading some design books, but the only good one Ive read recently is The Design of Everyday Things.
I have been suffering with login issues on UOB internet banking site for as long as I can remember. I had to use Windows on a virtual machine to always login on UOB internet banking site.
Error Message on login page in Chrome
- Drag the link below (“FIX UOB Login”) to your bookmark bar (one time only) or create a bookmark with address/URL as one mentioned below (Updated).
- Goto UOB internet banking page.
- On the login page, after you get the error (see image) click “OK”, let the page load fully
- Once page is fully loaded, click on the bookmarklet (that you dragged in first step).
- That’s it you can login now.
- Repeat step 2-5, every time you want to login.
Please note, that this bookmarklet is designed for Singapore Personal Banking UOB site only. If you are going to any other UOB Banking site, then this Bookmarklet may not work
Disclaimer: I will not be liable for any issues resulting, directly or indirectly, due to use of any information provided here.
This one is an accidental discovery. I have been always looking for a good phone stand. One that could hold my phone in a good angle. Especially at night while charging, so that it can double as my bedside clock. Also, in the day, on my work desk. I know most of the phones these days come with docking stands. I personally have 4 phone docks (2 x Motorola droid, 1 x Sony Ericsson Aino, 1 x iPhone) and an iPad dock. I had SGS2 dock on my shopping list for last 2 months. But all these come with a common trouble. You need to remove the cover/bumper to fit them in nicely.
But suddenly today fiddling with a plugkey on my desk I put my phone on a it and bang! I got a new stand.
Good thing is, you can get very creative and cover it with some velvet or paper. Also, you could get some other color and semi-transparent ones.